1. Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Put butter and chocolate in a heavy 3 qt saucepan.
Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool, then stir in 1 cup
sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Cover
and chill 1 1/2 to 2 hours until dough is firm enough to shape.
3. Heat oven to 300. Have cookie sheet(s) ready.
4. Roll slightly mounded measuring tablespoons of
dough in balls. Roll balls in remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
5. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 20 minutes until crackled on top and firm to touch.
6. Place cookie sheet on wire rack. place a chocolate
kiss on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Cool on cookie
sheet 5 minutes before removing cookies to rack to cool completely.